You and Your Family
- Get out and play EVERY day! Go for a walk after dinner, play with your kids on the playground, or have a dance party in your living room.
- Make family mealtime a priority.
- Properly utilize, store and dispose of prescription medications.
- Talk to your kids about alcohol and tobacco- What parents say and do about alcohol is more important than any other single variable determining whether or not their child will drink or smoke.
- There are personal limits of moderation for anyone who chooses to use alcohol.
- Maintain a smoke-free home.
- Understand your health care options.
- Become knowledgeable about your own insurance plan or those available to you.
- Breastfeed your baby and support moms who are currently breasfeeding.